    SubjectRe: cd burning: kernel / userspace?
    > Sorry, I'm not very good at this list / person CC stuff.  I sent a reply
    > to, but forgot to CC to list. Contents as follows:
    > I'm not sure this is necessary. Can't you just do:
    > # dump -0 -B 700000 -u -z3 /home -f -| cdrecord /dev/hdb -
    > dump and cdrecord allow you to use "-" as a filename to indicate that
    > output shoud be written to stdout and input should be read from stdin
    > respectively.

    Yes, but if I was to understand it right, dump will close/reopen at "700000"
    (whatever that is, 700000kb?). That won't work with cdrecord since it's
    expecting a single input stream, not many seperated by a pause. I'd
    consider it more like using tar with the multiple tape option. When it is
    finished writing to a tape, it'll wait for the user to physically change
    tapes and start writing at the beginning of the new tape.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:1.892 seconds]