SubjectRe: [RFC] Fix Device Power Management States
Hi.

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 23:58, Patrick Mochel wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
>
> > Do you want me to merge before or after all this is done; I'm a bit
> > concerned that you guys are expending effort (well, Pavel is), getting
> > SMP and Highmem going when I already have a working version that -
> > unless the plans have changed - we were intending to merge too.
>
> It would be nice if you posted small easily-consumable patches that
> gradually merged the two. Even if you post them all at once, it provides
> something to review and an understanding of how one evolves into the
> other.

I'm not intending to patch the current implementation into the new
version; there are so many changes that it would make the process
extremely painful (as evolution would have been if it were really true).
Instead, I proposed, as Andrew requested to post a number of patches
simply adding the new version along side the old. When you're satisfied
that the new does everything the old does, I'm hoping we'll simply drop
the old version.

I'll start producing patches shortly, then.

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Christian Reformed Church of Tuggeranong

Many today claim to be tolerant. But true tolerance can cope with others
being intolerant.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.073 / U:0.776 seconds]