    SubjectRe: Finding out what certain kernel config options are dependant on
    On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 01:15:18PM +0200, Tim Cambrant wrote:

    > Hi, I'm sorry for not posting a more development related question, but I
    > know there is a need for finding out why certain options in make config are
    > preselected, and why we can't choose not to use them. If this doesn't make
    > sense, consider this:
    > On my machine, with 2.6.8-rc4-mm1 (and all the other versions I've tried so
    > far in 2.6) CONFIG_CRYPTO is preselected, and I can't remove it. I'm not
    > interested in the cryptographic API at all. So what driver or option did i
    > enable that requires CONFIG_CRYPTO?
    > I'd appreciate help on finding this out, since I'd like to remove it all
    > from my .config. Is there a script or some other automated way on finding
    > this out?
    > If I find out that CONFIG_CRYPTO really is needed in the kernel all the
    > way, I appologize for asking such a stupid question, but then I'd wonder
    > why there is even an option for that.

    find . -name Kconfig\* | xargs grep select | grep CRYPTO

    It seems, you have one or more of the following options enabled:

    BLK_DEV_CRYPTOLOOP
    DM_CRYPT
    INET6_AH
    INET6_ESP
    INET6_IPCOMP
    INET_AH
    INET_ESP
    INET_IPCOMP
    IPV6_PRIVACY
    IP_SCTP
    NFS_V4
    RPCSEC_GSS_KRB5

    Disabling all of them should enable you to disable CRYPTO.

    cu
    Adrian

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed