On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 12:27 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Please inform yourself before posting.....

Jrg, you are making a fool of yourself.

> Burn-Proof is switched off by default and other protections (invented later)
> are switched off by cdrecord to get compatibility..... if you only had read the
> man page......
>
> Switching Burn-Proof on will reduce the quality of the CDs.

I haven't even stated which distribution I'm running. How can you
possibly know what it puts into /etc/cdrecord.conf when it detects my
CD-R? What relation has this to your man page?

> In addition: if you don't have the experience when Buffer Underruns occur, you
> should not post speculations that it is not a problem.

I have experience that buffer underruns do not occur, when I am not
running as root. Therefore I posted a statement that running as root is
not strictly necessary. What part of that do you not understand?

> I know that it _is_ and this should be enough for you. Unless you
> send me the results from a test done under worst conditions you need
> to believe in the experience of people who spend more time on CD/DVD
> recording issues than you.

Perhaps I should. But I think that in the last few days you've managed
to lose even the shred of credibility you once had. I shall now take
anything you say with an _extremely_ large pinch of salt.

--
dwmw2