    SubjectRe: [RFC] Fix Device Power Management States
    Patrick Mochel <> wrote:

    > Ok, the patch below attempts to fix up the device power management
    > handling, taking into account (hopefully) everything that has been said
    > over the last week+, and lessons learned over the years. It's only been
    > compile-tested, and is meant just to prove that the framework is possible.
    > There are likely to be some missing pieces, mainly because it's late. :)

    At the moment I'm struggling with the fact that the order of resumption
    of system devices appears significant (ie, I get hangs on resume with
    the stock kernel, but changing the list_for_each_entry in sysdev_resume
    to list_for_each_entry_reverse makes things work) but there doesn't seem
    to be any mechanism for providing proper ordering when there isn't a
    tree structure. This also crops up with resuming my wireless hardware -
    it tries to do a hotplug firmware load, but the IDE bus hasn't been
    woken up yet.

    Do we need a more fine-grained dependency structure than the current

    Matthew Garrett |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.026 / U:85.848 seconds]