SubjectExt3 File System "Too many files" with snort
Date
On a Linux 2.4.21 system running snort with a very large organization (30,000 +) workstations
I am seeing a "too many files" mesage from ext3 which results in snort dying and rolling
our of memory. Is there a way to specifiy a larger number of inode entries dynamically
when creating an Ext3 file system which gets around this limitation. In theory, a file system
should not create a limitation on how many files it can contain, but I understand that inode
base FS's have this limitation.

Also, I have discovered that I am blocked from posting to LKML from devicelogics.com and
am using an alternate email account. What's up, did something chage are are we blocking
folks from posting, or is ECN causing problems.

Thanks

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.036 / U:0.436 seconds]