SubjectRe: 8139too in 2.6.x tx timeout
On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 01:30:22PM +0900, OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:
> Zinx Verituse <zinx@epicsol.org> writes:
>
> > Up with some other files:
> > http://zinx.xmms.org/misc/tmp/8139too/
> > linux-2.6.7-mobius-dotconfig (.config being used for the kernel)
>
> Probably this isn't fix the problem, but can you try the following?
>
> CONFIG_8139TOO_PIO=n
> CONFIG_8139TOO_TUNE_TWISTER=n
>
> (both config to "n")

Tried, but didn't work (not relevant due to new information after I tried,
though -- see below)

> > On the ping -c1: several pings made it, then it didn't reply for one,
> > but also reported no timeout in the messages. Another ping caused it
> > to not reply _and_ to timeout/reset.
>
> This may not be the problem of 8139too driver, because 2.4.24's
> driver didn't fix.
>
> Umm.. possible of cable or hub problem, but 2.4.24 is work...
> Do you know lastest worked version?

I just tried a 2.4.24 kernel I compiled myself -- It doesn't work.
I tried booting the 2.4.24-xfs knoppix kernel on my actual system
instead of the knoppix CD (required a bit of fiddling to get it
booting) -- Also does not work.

So, it seems to be some configuration issue on my end, though I'm
not sure what at this point (first thing i tried way back was copying
knoppix's /etc/pcmcia). Ah well, I'll figure it out eventually :)
Thanks for your time :)

--
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/