SubjectRE: [Linux-cluster] Re: [ANNOUNCE] OpenSSI 1.0.0 released!!
Kevin,
Got out of bed on the wrong side? Such anger. First, the
clusterwide device capability is a very small part of OpenSSI so your
comment "put the entire clustering layer on top of it" is COMPLETELY
wrong - you clearly are commenting about something you know nothing
about. In the 2.4 implementation, providing this one capability by
leveraging devfs was quite economic, efficient and has been very stable.
I'm not sure who you mean by "that's what WE want". If you mean the
current worldwide users of OpenSSI on 2.4, they are a very happy group
with a kick-ass clustering capability.

About one thing you are correct. We are going to have to have a way to
lookup and name remote devices in 2.6. I believe the remote file-op
mechanism we are using in 2.4 will adapt easily.

Bruce Walker
Architect and project manager - OpenSSI project