    SubjectRe: uid of user who mounts

    Steve French wrote:
    > Thanks - I had missed that - and it is a little cleaner to call it
    > "user" than "mount_uid" in the line in /proc/mounts, and there are no
    > existing parms returned that are similar (except "username" which should
    > be easy enough to understand). Interestingly I did not see other
    > filesystems returning that in /proc/mounts (I slightly prefer having it
    > stored in the filesystems kernel code and returned in showopts not just
    > put by userspace in the file mtab) - the only minor annoyance is that /
    > etc/mtab returns the username (rather than the uid).

    I support adding 'user=UID' to the /proc/mounts output. Actually I
    have an older patch which contains this feature. This is slightly big
    patch which also deals with completely elliminating the need for a
    suid mount program for some specific filesystems. See:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.037 / U:33.184 seconds]