    SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8-rc2-L2 PS2 keyboard gone south
    On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 10:06, Shane Shrybman wrote:
    > Twice while using -L2 my IBM PS2 keyboard has become completely
    > non-responsive. USB mouse and everything else seems to be fine, but no
    > LEDs or anything from the keyboard.
    >
    > On both occasions the last key I hit on the keyboard was numlock and the
    > numlock did not come on and I had to reboot after that.
    >
    > UP, x86, gcc 2.95, scsi + ide, bttv

    This happened to me, also twice necessitating a reboot. I am pretty
    sure I did *not* hit Num Lock last, though the system was under load -
    multiple builds going on, jackd running, and video playback. I tried to
    toggle Num Lock to see if the machine was really locked hard, and it
    worked for a while (though it did not go on/off exactly once for each
    time I hit it), then stopped responding.

    This happened with the timer + soundcard IRQs direct, and with timer +
    soundcard + RTC direct.

    Lee

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.021 / U:0.180 seconds]