SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8-rc2-L2 PS2 keyboard gone south
On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 10:06, Shane Shrybman wrote:
> Twice while using -L2 my IBM PS2 keyboard has become completely
> non-responsive. USB mouse and everything else seems to be fine, but no
> LEDs or anything from the keyboard.
>
> On both occasions the last key I hit on the keyboard was numlock and the
> numlock did not come on and I had to reboot after that.
>
> UP, x86, gcc 2.95, scsi + ide, bttv

This happened to me, also twice necessitating a reboot. I am pretty
sure I did *not* hit Num Lock last, though the system was under load -
multiple builds going on, jackd running, and video playback. I tried to
toggle Num Lock to see if the machine was really locked hard, and it
worked for a while (though it did not go on/off exactly once for each
time I hit it), then stopped responding.
This happened with the timer + soundcard IRQs direct, and with timer +
soundcard + RTC direct.

Lee

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans