SubjectRe: -mm swsusp: do not default to platform/firmware
Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:

> -mm swsusp now defaults to platform/firmware suspend... That's
> certainly unexpected, changes behaviour from previous version, and
> only works on one of three machines I have here. I'd like the default
> to be changed back.

You overestimate my knowledge of suspend stuff. AFAICT the current -mm
default is to enter ACPI sleep state via the BIOS rather than via Linux's
ACPI driver. Correct?

If not, then what?

If so, then why do we feel this change is needed, and why did Pat change things?

My major concern here is that Pat may have made that change to get suitable
coverage testing for new code paths, and we wouldn't want to undo that right away.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.169 / U:0.212 seconds]