    SubjectRe: PATCH: VLAN support for 3c59x/3c90x
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Alan Cox <> wrote:
    >>This adds VLAN support to the 3c59x/90x series hardware.
    > Sigh. This has been floating about for ever. My reluctance stemmed
    > from largely-theoretical-sounding objections from Don Becker which I
    > didn't fully understand at the time and have now forgotten.
    > Ben, does the patch look complete/correct to you?

    I don't have such hardware, but I don't see any obvious problems
    with the patch.

    In my opinion Becker's complaints were invalid, or maybe I just
    didn't understand what he was trying to say. At any rate, lots of
    other NICs have supported larger MTUs and VLANs w/out problem, so
    it is unlikely that there is a fundamental flaw in accepting larger

    There are patches for tulip floating around too. I have been running
    traffic on these patches for a while with no obvious problems
    (on 2.4 kernel, however). Jeff, if you want me to re-send this to you,
    please let me know!

    Ben Greear <>
    Candela Technologies Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.019 / U:8.128 seconds]