Subjectdma problems with Serverworks CSB5 chipset
Hello,

I have 200 servers in a cluster running vanilla kernel 2.4.26(not
tainted). Under heavy I/O activity I have various servers completely
lose access to their IDE bus. Logs show the same error every time:

hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x61

The kernel resets the IDE bus at this point. Sometimes things start
working again but mostly all ide access is lost and I have to reboot the
server. The chipset is:

00:0f.1 IDE interface: ServerWorks CSB5 IDE Controller (rev 93)

I have searched archives for problems with this chipset and I have seen
other users with this same issue, but no resolution to the problem. Is
there a known problem with this chipset version or could there be some
issues still with the serverworks driver? Any help would be much
appreciated. Thanks.

Rich Wohlstadter
modi@swbell.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.054 / U:0.088 seconds]