SubjectRe: Wireless devices and route settings
Date
On Tuesday 27 July 2004 08:34, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So, I have a wireless interface on a 'guest' Linux box (running 2.6.7-rc1,
> not bothered to compile a new kernel yet.) It is a fair distance away from
> the access point and sometimes goes out of range.
>
> Usually it can go out of range and come back in range without the user
> noticing anything has happened. But once in a while, when the connection
> is especially poor, the interface will go down and lose its default route.

What do you mean "interface will go down"? Down is an administrative state,
settable only by admin (ifconfig up/down or equivalent).
If your wireless device driver does that all by itself, it is buggy.

Elaborate on "interface will go down". Provide
ifconfig, routing and iwconfig data before and
after the event.

--
vda