SubjectRe: kernel 2.4.26 oops (maybe solved)
On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:26:22PM -0400, Peter Santoro wrote:
> After trying many h/w and s/w configurations, I've apparently isolated
> my instability issues to using the following the linux kernel highmem
> have 1GB ram, so maybe one of my dimms is bad or maybe there's a highmem
> bug in the 2.4.X kernel.
>
> The crashes in my previous emails today were due to using the latest
> alsa modules (loaded, but not used by any application) with a HIGHMEM
> enabled kernel. I appear to have no problem using alsa when HIGHMEM is
> disabled. Apparently, I'm not the only one having problems with alsa
> and highmem
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg13918.html).
>
> I would be willing to work with a kernel developer to better isolate
> this problem and test a patch.

Hi Peter,

Care to disable ALSA to see if the problem really only happens
when running ALSA+HIGHMEM ?

Your previous oopses in core VM code seem to be hardware problems
to me, I haven't done any deep analysis though.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.088 / U:0.112 seconds]