SubjectRe: [FC1], 2.6.8-rc2 kernel, new motherboard problems
Date
On Saturday 24 July 2004 08:16, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>Gene Heskett schrieb:
>> On Saturday 24 July 2004 02:06, Lee Revell wrote:
[...]
>Right. And it should work perfectly with that driver. However, I
> recommend to use at least 2.6.8-rc2 because it has some bugfixes
> you may need.

Thats the kernel version I'm running already :)
[...]
[...]
>> I'm under the impression the forcedeth writers did have access to
>> this data. Is this incorrect? The question is directed at the
>> forcedeth authors. If you are one, then please clarify.
>
>I am one of the authors. We did not have any information in the
> first place, but now that our reverse engineered driver works well,
> NVidia contributed bugfixes and gigabit support to our driver.

Which would be nice I guess, if the rest of my system wasn't limited
to 100mb/sec. In my case here at home, thats plenty fast enough.

In any event thanks for the info. My biggest squawk is that so far,
I've had to assign it the same MAC address as the old D-Link card
wore in order to make the firewall pass me. arp problems I think.
Other than that, its working great.

--
Cheers Carl-Daniel, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.