SubjectRe: [FC1], 2.6.8-rc2 kernel, new motherboard problems
Date
On Saturday 24 July 2004 02:10, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
>On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 02:06:47AM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
>> I am not talking about them releasing driver code, I am just
>> talking about datasheets so we can write our own driver, something
>> that tells you which bits to write to which registers to get it to
>> do $FOO.
>
>nv traditionally are very poor in this respect
>
>> Their net cost: $0.
>
>they claimed that it would give competitors too much insight to
> their hardware (obviously true since nobody else makes 3D-hardware
> or network controllers)

Excuse me, but just exactly what is considered to be "3d"? The screen
I'm looking at is a 17" nearly flat crt, and damned sharp considering
this NEC 5FG is now at least 10 years old, and I've never seen
anything on it that could be construed to be "3d", not even in my
wildest, had too many beers or Black Jacks dreams.

Methinks its an overused advertizing phrase that should be tossed in
the bin (and miss-use of it prosecuted as false advertizing) until
such time as it can actually, without any special glasses, display an
image with true depth.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.