SubjectRe: [patch] kernel events layer, updated
On Jul 24 2004, at 00:58, Deepak Saxena was caught saying:
> The kernel should use an object name that is unique in the context
> of the kernel (hence my suggestion to use sysfs path, but perhaps there
> is something else?) and D-BUS should generate the appropriate object
> name that it expects. The kernel is never going to send messages for

Ermm..need sleep. What I meant is that D-BUS (kdbusd really) should
take care of generating the object name expected by D-BUS clients
from the kernel object name. Looking at the kbdusd source, it expects
the kernel to provide a D-BUS object name it can stuff directly into
the dbus_message_new_signal() call. This means forcing a specific
kevent-handling mechanism's implementation on the kernel. I don't think
that's what we want to do as the sending of events and how those events
happen to be parsed and handled in userspace should be kept separate.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena at plexity dot net - http://www.plexity.net/

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and
will die here like rotten cabbages." - Number 6