SubjectRe: reserve legacy io regions on powermac
Date

>>> Note that this is still all workarounds... Nothing prevents you (and
>>> some
>>> people actually do that) to put a PCI card with legacy serial ports
>>> on it
>>> inside a pmac....
>>
>> Sure, but will that use the same io ports? I dont have one to verify
>> it.
>
> If it's a `clean' PCI card, it will use the PCI BARs, and there's no
> problem.

There is nothing that prevents the OF to allocate addresses in the
"legacy"
range to the PCI cards. In fact, the normal strategy is to allocate
starting at zero, and going upward, so 0x60 (which is one of the
"disallowed"
addresses in Olaf's patch) is pretty easy to hit.

Segher

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.065 / U:0.192 seconds]