    SubjectRe: ACPI Hibernate and Suspend Strange behavior 2.6.7/-mm1
    On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 03:45:27PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
    > On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:27:00PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
    > > On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:16:55PM +0000, John Goerzen wrote:
    > > > I'm glad I'm not the only one that is suspecting that. I just tried
    > > > switching my T40p from APM to ACPI. I got suspending to RAM working in
    > > > ACPI, but noticed that when I got it back out of my laptop bag later, it
    > > > was physically warm to the touch. It also had consumed more battery
    > > > power than it would have when suspended with APM. And, if I would shine
    > > > a bright light on the screen, I could make out text on it. In other
    > > > words, the backlight was off but it was still displaying stuff.
    > >
    > > Does poweroff work for you? At least my T40 has problems shutting off
    > > properly when using 2.6 + ACPI. A bit annoying; I have to keep the
    > > powerkey pressed for a few seconds for it to turn off.
    > The only way I ever turn the machine off is by running the halt command,
    > and that is working fine for me. I haven't tried the power key.

    I meant using the halt command (or rather shutdown -h now, since I've
    learned not to expect halt to perform a proper shutdown sequence on
    other Unixen). I must have something strange going on with my
    installation then, since it doesn't work for me... Debugging time!

    Regards: David Weinehall
    /) David Weinehall <> /) Northern lights wander (\
    // Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //
    \) (/ Full colour fire (/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.022 / U:10.392 seconds]