    SubjectRe: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [announce] [patch] Voluntary Kernel Preemption Patch
    >OK, thanks.  The problem areas there are the timer-based route cache
    >flushing and reiserfs.
    >We can probably fix the route caceh thing by rescheduling the timer after
    >having handled 1000 routes or whatever, although I do wonder if this is a
    >thing we really need to bother about - what else was that machine up to?

    i have one concern about this that i talked to takashi about when we
    were in bordeaux. it seems to me that the ALSA xrun debug stuff is
    measuring things when the interrupt handler for the ALSA device
    executes and detects an xrun. if the handler itself was delayed, then
    the stack trace for its execution doesn't or might not show what
    caused the delay. this means, perhaps, that we need to be rather
    careful interpreting these traces.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.019 / U:1.496 seconds]