SubjectRe: Likelihood of rt_tasks

* Elladan <elladan@eskimo.com> wrote:

> Average wall speed of RT task wakeup isn't really an issue - the issue
> is deterministic worst-case latency. Adding a hundred cycles every time
> won't cause someone to miss a deadline. [...]

we are dealing here with about half a cycle or so overhead. (an extra
jump back to the 'likely' section) Often the BTB can even totally
eliminate the overhead. Worst-case we've got a slightly larger icache
footprint. But all in one it's not really an issue, and if you compile
for embedded it wont be done by the compiler anyway.

Ingo

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans