Subjectsuspend/resume success and failure report and questions
From
Hi friends!

I want to report on success and failure of suspend2disk and suspend2ram.

First, here the specs of my laptop/software:
- kernel 2.6.7-mm5
- debian/sid
- acer travelmate 654LCi
- graphic: radeon mobility m7 (7500)

What is working:

- Suspend2Disk via pmdisk (echo -n disk > /sys/power/state)
Nice thing is that it even works with uhci and ehci compiled
into the kernel AND X running with agp and dri AND radeon
framebuffer. So this is really nice and suprising for me.

Interestingly, I have to stop mysql server, otherwise it wouldn't
suspend (cannot stop tasks)

But generally, big thanks to the pmdisk developer(s), it is
working great! Even multiple suspend/resume cycles etc.
Only thing I am missing is some way of post-resume script.

- partial Suspend2Ram via mem > /sys/power/state
Here all the usb stuff has to be compile modular and has to be
unloaded, no radeon framebuffer and no X is allowed.
Then suspend to ram works, resume too, but the video card is
not initialized again. Black screen. But I can shut down.

What is not working:
- S2R
framebuffer
usb
restoring of video output
- general
clock is completely wrong - where is a post-resume script (see below)

What I don't know/haven't tested till now:
- wlan drivers (orinoco)
- network drivers (b44)
- acerhk working

So now here are my questions:
- Is it possible to get S2R to the level of S2D without problems?
- is there a way to get things done BEFORE the suspend (this I managed via
the acpi script), but also AFTER the resume.
I need this for fixing the clock and starting mysql and some more stuff
probably

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien