    Subject[patch] new memory hotremoval patch for hugetlbpages

    > this is an updated version of my memory hotremoval patch.
    > I'll only include the main patch which contains page remapping code.
    > The other two files, which haven't changed much from April, can be
    > found at .
    > My patch supports remapping of normal pages, Takahashi's hugepage
    > remapping patch will be posted in a few days.

    I also post new hugepage remapping patches which is against linux-2.6.7.
    I have change it to use objrmap so that the code become clean.

    The patches can be downloaded from .

    There may remain some bugs. if you find them, would you let me know.

    > I will be working on the following items.
    > 1. Prototype implementation of memsection support.
    > It seems some people wants to hotremove small regions of memory
    > rather than zones or nodes. A prototype implementation will
    > show how Takahashi's hugetlb page code can be used for such a
    > purpose.

    This is my interst and I'll work on it.

    > 2. Handling of pages with dirty buffers without writing them back.
    > This is file system specific. I plan to do against ext2 and
    > ext3.

    Thank you,
    Hirokazu Takahashi.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.020 / U:15.916 seconds]