SubjectRe: APM realy sucks on 2.6.x
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Sebastian Kloska wrote:

> So if anybody out there could give me guidance on how the apm code
> might interact with the ALSA sound system it would be highly
> appreciated....

In a word, badly. For at least one chipset, suspending while outputting
to the pcm device causes the program outputting to the pcm device to enter
the uninterruptible sleep state. A reboot is then required for the pcm
device to be usable again...

(I attempted to report this back in February, but my bug report and
workaround patch apparently didn't get through the alsa-devel spam
filters.)
--
Just because it isn't nice doesn't make it any less a miracle.
http://users.albatross.co.nz/~psycho/ O- -><-