    SubjectRe: WINE + NX (No eXecute) support for x86, 2.6.7-rc2-bk2

    Christoph Hellwig wrote:

    > if you have a need for a special virtual memory layout please use your
    > own binary loader as I already suggested earlier in the thread, i.e.
    > binfmt_pecoff.

    We are using our own user space loader now, but a kernel space loader is
    neither portable or practical.

    The Wine project is used by many people and companies for both comercial
    and non-comercial purposes. In the spirit of cooperation, it would be
    nice if somebody let us know when they're going to make a change that is
    going to break Wine, and provide a way for us to workaround that change,
    or even better maintain real binary compatability...

    It seems Linus's kernel does that quite well, but some vendors seem not
    to care too much about breaking Wine.

    Mike

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.019 / U:90.528 seconds]