SubjectRe: WINE + NX (No eXecute) support for x86, 2.6.7-rc2-bk2

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> if you have a need for a special virtual memory layout please use your
> own binary loader as I already suggested earlier in the thread, i.e.
> binfmt_pecoff.

We are using our own user space loader now, but a kernel space loader is
neither portable or practical.

The Wine project is used by many people and companies for both comercial
and non-comercial purposes. In the spirit of cooperation, it would be
nice if somebody let us know when they're going to make a change that is
going to break Wine, and provide a way for us to workaround that change,
or even better maintain real binary compatability...

It seems Linus's kernel does that quite well, but some vendors seem not
to care too much about breaking Wine.

Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.069 / U:2.256 seconds]