    SubjectRe: [patch] signal handler defaulting fix ...

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Davide Libenzi <> wrote:
    > >

    > > Following up from the other thread (2.6.x signal handler bug) this bring
    > > 2.4 behaviour in 2.6.
    > >
    > Pity the poor person who tries to understand this change in a year's time.
    > Could we have a real changelog please?

    Also, do we really care? The 2.6.x behaviour is nicer in that it tends to
    kill programs more abruptly, while 2.4.x will just let a blocked signal
    through - possibly letting the program continue, but causing "impossible"
    bugs in user space.

    I don't think we've had any complaints about the 2.6.x behaviour apart
    from the initial discussion a few months ago. I'd much rather have a
    debuggable "kill a program that tries to block a synchronous interrupt",
    than a potentially totally un-debuggable "let the signal through".

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.037 / U:0.036 seconds]