    SubjectRe: drivers/block/ub.c
    On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 01:06:45PM -0700, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
    > Hi, guys,
    >
    > I have drafted up an implementation of a USB storage driver as I wish
    > it done (called "ub"). The main goal of the project is to produce a driver
    > which never oopses, and above all, never locks up the machine. To this
    > point I did all my debugging while running X11 and yapping on IRC. If this
    > goal requires to sacrifice performance, so be it. This is how ub differs
    > from the usb-storage.
    >
    > The current usb-storage works quite well on servers where netdump can
    > be brought to bear, but on desktop its debuggability leaves some room
    > for improvement. In all other respects, it is superior to ub. Since
    > characteristics of usb-storage and ub are different I expect them to
    > coexist potentially indefinitely (if ub finds any use at all).

    Would I be correct in the following assessments:
    (1) UB only supports direct-access type devices
    (2) UB only supports 'transparent scsi' devices
    (3) UB only supports 'bulk-only transport' devices

    Matt

    --
    Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

    It was a new hope.
    -- Dust Puppy
    User Friendly, 12/25/1998

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:4.951 / U:0.004 seconds]