    SubjectRe: Collapse ext2 and 3 please
    Thank you.
    It says ext2. Based on other messages, I look at /sbin/mkinitrd.
    It looks to me that RedHat/Fedora are pretty dumb making stupid
    assumptions about the fs type instead of looking at the filesystem types
    that root has setup in fstab.
    I've patched my mkinitrd script to check the fs type of the root
    partition according to /proc/mounts. This should work unless someone is
    overriding mkinitrd to build an initrd for a foreign system or changing
    their root partition. To fix that, I've added an command-line option to
    specify the fs type of the root partition.

    Thanks very very much.
    Sorry for the error. I assumed too much about RedHat.

    Thanks,
    David

    Tigran Aivazian wrote:
    > # gzip -dc /boot/initrd-2.4.21-15.EL.img | file -
    > standard input: Linux rev 1.0 ext2 filesystem data
    >
    > Make sure you use the correct filename for your initrd image (check
    > /etc/grub.conf to find out which one is used).
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Tigran

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.020 / U:1.032 seconds]