SubjectRe: Forcedeth driver bug
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:29:36 +0000
Mikael Bouillot <xaajimri@corbac.com> bubbled:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble with the forcedeth driver in kernel version 2.6.7.
> >From what I can see, it seems that incoming packets sometime get stuck
> on their way in.
>
> What happens is this: some packet enters the NIC, and for some reason,
> it doesn't come out of the driver. As soon as another incoming packet
> gets in, both packets are handed down by the driver.

Do you really know that the driver don't get the stuck packet. Or is it possible
that the kernels network stack does the fault?

I'm asking because I have a similar problem with udp and kernel 2.6.7-rc2-mm2.
My sendto gets stuck sometimes and only continues if the kernel handles another
network packet.

But maybe my problem is a totally different one.

Regards,
Martin

--
MyExcuse:
YOU HAVE AN I/O ERROR -> Incompetent Operator error

Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@technotrend.de>
Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.070 / U:0.008 seconds]