    SubjectRe: [RFC] iSeries virtual i/o sysfs files
    On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 09:23:19PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
    > What it means is that, as the patch stands, a node is created in
    > /sys/devices/vio (and /sys/bus/vio/devices) for all possible virtual
    > devices not just those actually present. The exception is for virtual
    > ethernets which are relatively easy to enumerate. To enumerate the other
    > devices precisely, I will need to extract the device probing code from
    > each of the other device drivers (viodasd, viocd and viotape) and include
    > some (hopefully simplified) form of the code directly into the bus probing
    > code for iSeries in vio.c.

    Maybe you should just kick your collegues on the OS/400 side to provide
    a better interface? After IBM is oh so Linux friendly they could maybe
    fi up their legacy codebases to make the slightest bit of sense?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.020 / U:0.228 seconds]