    SubjectRe: Question on using MSI in PCI driver
        Tom> What do you think of "Failure to request the MMIO address
    Tom> space of the MSI-X PBA"? Or what name do you suggest?

    Unless I'm misunderstanding the code, nothing is failing, and it's not
    the PBA being mapped. You're ioremapping the the MSI-X vector table
    so that the msi core can write vector values, etc. So I would suggest
    using a name of "MSI-X vector table" in the call to
    request_mem_region. (Remember that this name will be displayed in
    /proc/iomem, and I don't think it makes sense to display "MSI-X iomap
    Failure" to the user when MSI-X is set up and working).

    - Roland

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.023 / U:28.976 seconds]