SubjectRe: 2.6.7-bk way too fast
I hate to make this harder to track down but the extra keyboard
characters happens to me very rarely on 2.6.3-rc2-mm1 as well (been lazy
and haven't updated in a while...ok so i really should.) - it isn't
happening now but every once in a while when i boot it will happen, and
usually it's very difficult to do anything at all because it will also
"super repeat" keys like the backspace key. so i reboot it and all is
usually well. it sounds like jeff's problem is much more prominent and
repeatable, i just wanted to make you guys aware that it could be
something that went in as early as 2.6.3, not just recent changes - it
definitely sounds as though it has been compounded now, though. it could
be totally unrelated to my issue too though because while my repeat rate
is hosed, i'm not noticing any other timer related breakage like the
system clock or anything.

to advance the cause in whatever small way i can, i'm attaching the
config for this box

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 22:54, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Something is definitely screwy with the latest -bk. I updated from a
> kernel ~1 week ago, and all timer-related stuff is moving at a vastly
> increased rate. My guess is twice as fast. Most annoying is the system
> clock advances at twice normal rate, and keyboard repeat is so sensitive
> I am spending quite a bit of time typing this message, what with having
> to delettte (<== example) extra characters. Double-clicking is also
> broken :(
>
> dmesg and config attached.
>
> My guess would be someone broke HPET, but maybe not judging from other
> lkml reports.
>
> This is the _first_ 2.6 kernel that has been obviously and wildly broken
> for me :(
>
> Jeff

[unhandled content-type:application/x-bzip]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.120 / U:0.196 seconds]