SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness
On Fri, 2004-06-18 12:02:48 -0700, Tim Bird <tim.bird@am.sony.com>
wrote in message <40D33C58.1030905@am.sony.com>:

> Here's a shameless plug: I'm having a CELinux BOF at OLS to discuss
> this and other issues. It's the night of Wednesday, July 21.
> Anyone can drop by if they are interested in this topic.

Want to offer some airplane ticket Europe -> Canada and back? I'd love
at attend!

> >There's a lot of Linux beyond LKML, with a common problem: outdated
> >source trees, with a shitload of patches. Linus could need another
> >hacker or two working full-time on reviewing / importing those patches!
>
> The idea of having some dedicated developers perform this function
> is actually a pretty good one, although I wouldn't burden Linus
> with managing them. That is, it might be useful to have some people
> following behind embedded product developers trying to glean,
> generalize, forward-port and otherwise clean-up patches that
> would otherwise never see the light of day.

Couldn't have said that any better:)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.186 / U:0.068 seconds]