SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness

> On Fri, 2004-06-18 23:13:53 +0200, Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
> wrote in message <20040618211352.GC7404@suse.de>:
> > On Fri, Jun 18 2004, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>
> > > Hope the CE Forum will show some engagement there. Or OSDL. Or IBM.
> > > Or ... But usually, that's hot air. No direct income :--<

I have heard companies complain about the free beer mentality linux users
have. I guess they have the same problem :-(

> > Come on people, not everything is counted in dollars or euros. Lots of
> > people enjoy doing auxiliary work in their spare time and get loads
> > done. If it doesn't work for you, then maybe you are not the right for
> > the job or maybe you are doing something wrong.
>
> Well, sometimes I actually do some nice work to put on the table, but
> keeping an eye on a good number of vendor trees is IMHO *far* beyond
> what you'd actually do at some late evening at the weekends. That's way
> more than a good full-time job. At least, I think so.

I agree. Its not a matter of money but of time. Of course it is nice to
pay bills. Quality takes time. That is just reality. The question is how
much time can you put in it over say a week period. If you work for a
living doing something else there goes 40 hours working on a open source
project.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.150 / U:3.252 seconds]