    SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness
    Rik van Riel wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Tim Bird wrote:
    >
    >>Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
    >

    >>The idea of having some dedicated developers perform this function is
    >>actually a pretty good one, although I wouldn't burden Linus with
    >>managing them. That is, it might be useful to have some people
    >>following behind embedded product developers trying to glean,
    >>generalize, forward-port and otherwise clean-up patches that would
    >>otherwise never see the light of day.
    >

    > Since the people benefitting from this work are the
    > embedded developers, it would seem logical that they
    > should bear the cost of this effort, too.

    Absolutely! For the CE space, the resources for this
    should come from CE companies. I've been thinking about
    the practicalities and logistics of doing this in
    the CE Linux Forum, or of encouraging member companies
    to do this for their own products. I wouldn't even
    consider making a request that non-CE-related people
    do this.

    Tim Bird
    Architecture Group Co-Chair
    CE Linux Forum