SubjectRe: DMA API issues

> I really think this is a DMA API implementation issue. The problem
> touches more than the USB drivers. I say implementation because the DMA
> API already takes struct device, so the public interface would not have
> to change or would not have to change much. However, we would like to
> be able to provide device-specific implementations of the dma
> operations. One way to implement this would be a pointer to
> dma_operations from struct device.

I wanted to do just that a while ago, and ended up doing things a bit
differently, but still, I agree that would help. The thing is, you
can do that in your platform code. just use the platform data pointer
in struct device to stuff a ptr to the structure with your "ops"

Ben.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.078 / U:1.568 seconds]