    SubjectRe: DMA API issues
    On 18 Jun 2004 13:20:43 -0500
    James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com> wrote:

    > Erm, well this isn't unusual. A lot of devices have on board memory
    > to offload accesses to. All the later Symbios SCSI chips for
    > instance. If you look at the drivers, you'll see they ioremap the
    > region and then use it via the normal memory accessors.

    Thats all well and good for devices which have their own drivers, but
    thats not the case always.

    the device I described is an OHCI controller, and in theory, it should
    be able to use the OHCI driver in the kernel without any modification,
    *as long as* the DMA API returns valid device and virtual addresses,
    which, at present, it does not.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.019 / U:89.756 seconds]