    SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness
    Date
    In article <40D23EBD.50600@opensound.com> you wrote:
    > Sure we can fix the problem with SuSE - we've been doing this for the past 7 years.
    > And we know a thing or two about Linux kernels but wouldn't it be better for the
    > Linux community in general to have such source issue stabilized?

    No, because Linux encourages distributions to try out features they think
    their customers need. Suse/Novell is shipping enterprise kernels which work
    on large hardware, have the optimizations needed for supported hardware
    vendors and for third party like RDBMS.

    They even backport drivers so their kernels are more stable and compatible
    for their customers.

    If you look at debian kernels, they have even more patches. Some of them are
    even needed to actually make them boot on some platforms.

    Greetings
    Bernd
    --
    eckes privat - http://www.eckes.org/