SubjectRe: Toshiba keyboard lockups
Date
Jason Munro wrote:
>>Not sure if I have exact problem like you do, but at least I have
>>something similar. Once in a while keyboard suddenly stopps working,
>>touchpad still work though (I have Toshiba Satellite Pro (centrino
>>based) laptop here).

I know that "me toos" are of limited use, but I have also been
experiencing this problem. I can give some specific details, and on
request am willing to work to produce additional diagnostics / test
patches etc.

I am using a Toshiba Satellite 2410-603 with a P4 M processor, and I
have experienced difficulties with Gentoo-patched 2.6.3 sources,
Gentoo-patched 2.6.5 sources and vanilla 2.6.6 sources, with
CONFIG_PREEMPT both on and off.

Of the three, 2.6.3 seems the least affected - although I do get
occasional keyboard lockups, if I use the mouse for a few seconds the
keyboard becomes re-enabled. On both the 2.6.5 and 2.6.6 kernels a
keyboard lockup seems permanent, although I haven't tried leaving it for
more than a minute or two.

I too can see warnings from atkbd.c in the kernel messages (on all three
kernel versions) reporting 'Unknown key pressed' and 'too many keys
pressed'.

I am well aware that Toshiba keyboards are buggy - under 2.4 kernels I
experienced multiple key event problems, so I think what's being asked
here on this thread is not that the keyboard driver be "fixed" as such,
but that, if possible, it is extended to work around the buggy hardware.

Thanks,

Sean

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.124 / U:0.156 seconds]