    SubjectAT Keyboard (was: Helge Hafting vs. make menuconfig help)
    > In 2.4.x, the transition from "old-style" input drivers to new-style
    > (Input API) was never finished. Instead, Input API was introduced, and
    > HID devices reported their input to Input API, while old drivers still
    > used all their old ways to deliver their input.

    I (hopefully correctly) assume that one of the old ones is AT keyboard.

    What happens when I press a key on keyboard and the application that
    has the keyboard somehow on it's stdin reads a key? What happens between
    the two events and how does it travel inside the kernel?

    I know how the keys can be read from port 0x60 or whichever.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.019 / U:35.460 seconds]