    SubjectRe: In-kernel Authentication Tokens (PAGs)
    * Kyle Moffett ( wrote:
    > On Jun 12, 2004, at 16:53, Chris Wright wrote:
    > > Actually that's not the case. The UID is currently insufficient to
    > > describe the security domain that a process is running in. The whole
    > > of the LSM infrastructure is designed with this in mind. So somehting
    > > like SELinux may enforce a security domain change (w/out a UID change)
    > > across an execve() of pagsh. I was simply trying to ascertain if you
    > > were storing this within task->user which I think would be wrong.
    > Ahh, ok, I myself have no experience with LSM, so there will likely be
    > some
    > need to change my implementation. Currently the only field that I add
    > existing structures in the kernel is a pag field in the task_struct.
    > PAG
    > structures themselves need some way of determining if the calling task
    > is in the same "grouping" as a stored "grouping" within the PAG. My
    > implementation uses UIDs, but I would be very glad if you could tell me
    > what I should use instead. I need some kind of structure or pointer
    > that I
    > can embed within a PAG and a token, and some kind of equality test.

    Typically, objects that LSM cares about include a pointer to opaque
    data (security blob) which describes the security domain for the object.
    See task->security as an example. It's not clear to me if task->security
    is sufficient and you only need a back pointer to the task or if each
    PAG needs it's own security blob.

    > The other thing that needs to be implemented is some kind of limit that
    > restricts how many PAGs/tokens and how much memory can be allocated
    > in the kernel per user and per process. Do you have any information on
    > where would be the best place to store that information?

    Sounds like an extension to rlimits. The counters could be stored in
    ->user to limit the userwide number of tokens.

    Linux Security Modules

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.021 / U:0.224 seconds]