SubjectRe: In-kernel Authentication Tokens (PAGs)
Date
On Jun 11, 2004, at 23:15, Chris Wright wrote:
> Hrm. Wouldn't it be possible that two processes with same uid have
> authenticated in different domains, and as such shouldn't be allowed to
> touch each other's PAGs? Or is this not allowed?

Linux doesn't really support the idea that a process should not be able
affect another process in the same UID. There's too many things that
would break or become horribly insecure if we tried to assume that. For
example, just attach a debugger to a process that you want the keys of.
Then just insert a few system calls to retrieve the data, and leave.
Linux
assumes atomicity of a user/UID and it's not practical to change that.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans