    SubjectRe: In-kernel Authentication Tokens (PAGs)
    Date
    On Jun 11, 2004, at 23:15, Chris Wright wrote:
    > Hrm. Wouldn't it be possible that two processes with same uid have
    > authenticated in different domains, and as such shouldn't be allowed to
    > touch each other's PAGs? Or is this not allowed?

    Linux doesn't really support the idea that a process should not be able
    affect another process in the same UID. There's too many things that
    would break or become horribly insecure if we tried to assume that. For
    example, just attach a debugger to a process that you want the keys of.
    Then just insert a few system calls to retrieve the data, and leave.
    Linux
    assumes atomicity of a user/UID and it's not practical to change that.

    Cheers,
    Kyle Moffett

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.021 / U:31.824 seconds]