    SubjectRE: Serial ATA (SATA) on Linux status report (2.6.x mainstream plan for AHCI and iswraid??)
    I have a machine running with an ICH6R Intel chipset.
    I've been watching the LKML for info on my ICH6R
    chipset's AHCI mode support. It has been a month since
    the last SATA status report so I figured I'd write to
    ask: Does anyone know when the preliminary AHCI driver
    will be integrated into libata mainline? If so I
    assume it will be a patch against the 2.6.x kernel?

    Also, are there plans to release a version of iswraid
    for ICH6R against 2.6.x?

    Kevin Tarr

    Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Serial ATA (SATA) for Linux
    > status report
    > May 10, 2004

    > Intel ICH6 ("AHCI")
    including > hotplug
    > and PM.

    > libata driver status: "looks like ICH5" support
    available in ata_piix.
    > Preliminary driver with full AHCI support now
    exists, and is being