    SubjectRe: two patches - request for comments
    Andrew Zabolotny wrote:
    > No. class_find_device was written for lcd_find_device() and
    > backlight_find_device() (framebuffer devices use them). On the other hand,
    > the driver that registers the backlight device doesn't have a pointer to the
    > class device (well, the lcd_register_device could return it). Since the
    > lcd/backlight names are unique anyway, I don't see any problems with that, and
    > moreover, it is *registered* by giving it a name, why it should be
    > unregistered in a different way?

    Typical Linux usage to an item being registered is

    ptr = alloc_foo()

    It is quite unusual to unregister based on name. Pointers are far more
    likely to be unique, and the programmer is far less likely to screw up
    the unregister operation.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.019 / U:7.404 seconds]