    SubjectRe: uspend to Disk - Kernel 2.6.4 vs. r50p
    Hi.

    On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 08:54, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Nigel's refrigerator is way more elaborate and very intrusive, but he
    > seems to work *always*. Original refrigerator (shared by swsusp and
    > pmdisk) only tries a bit and eventually gives up if stopping system is
    > too hard. Hopefully Nigel's code can be simplified.

    It's actually pretty simple. I just need to explain it more clearly.
    Semaphores and wait queues seem complicated to me :>

    > He's out of time, so money is not likely to help. Sending some money
    > to Nigel might do the trick ;-).

    Sending money to me won't help either, except with getting support for
    new hardware. I'm working on finding and blatting a little but
    significant bug that's made its way in since 2.0. Then I'm only going to
    be working on merging.

    Rob, I would concentrate on figuring out what makes Pavel's version work
    for you and the other two not work. Perhaps then we can adjust our
    implementations to address the issue and make you a happy camper :>

    Regards,

    Nigel
    --
    Nigel & Michelle Cunningham
    C/- Westminster Presbyterian Church Belconnen

    Evolution (n): A hypothetical process whereby infinitely improbable events occur
    with alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and no one is given credit.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.022 / U:63.696 seconds]