SubjectRe: swappiness=0 makes software suspend fail.
Hi!

> > btw, software suspend wrecks your swap partition if you suspend to swap but
> > do not resume from swap - you need to run mkswap again. Seems odd.
>
> I think it's intentional, so that if you you boot to a different kernel swapon
> -a won't automount the swap partition and hork your saved image.

Actually, we *want* to hork that saved image, because it is extremely
dangerous to resume from it.

We also want to kill suspend signature ASAP, so that if driver kills
resume and user presses reset, we will not try to resume again and
fail in exactly same way.
Pavel
--
Horseback riding is like software...