SubjectRe: 2.6 kernel OOPs with Nomad MuVo MP3 player
I have rebuilt my kernel without preempt support and passed
"elevator=deadline" to the kernel on reboot. I now can mount my nomad
muvo without any major problems.

However, it times out and gives the oops on attemptng to dismount, but
the only effect of that is that the USB reiterates itself and the next
time I insert the drive, it gets bumped up (e.g. from /dev/sda1 to
/dev/sdb1). Also, it sometimes gets rendered read-only (easily resolved
by remounting the drive with same device name).

But, during the copy process, my computer is unsually bogged down (the
jumping mouse cursor in X).

So, I am suspecting the AS Anticipatory IO scheduler at fault.

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 02:40, Derek Witt wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> I am attempting to mount my Creative Nomad MuVo MP3 Player. However,
> every time I try to mount or copy to the drive, I constantly get a
> Kernel oops. I am currently running 2.6.6-rc1 under Gentoo 1.4. SuSE 9.0
> running vanilla 2.6.5 returns the same problem.
>
> My dump indicates a problem with usb-storage trying to preempt parts of
> itself.
>
> The included dump is during a copy attempt.
>
> I am quite puzzled by this.. I'm going to rebuild my kernel sans preempt
> and see what happens.

Derek J Witt,
dwitt1@kc.rr.com.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.193 / U:0.580 seconds]