    Subjecttwo patches - request for comments

    I'm going to submit the class_find_device() patch (attached for your
    convenience) as a pre-requisite for the backlight/lcd device class patch
    (also included so that you can take at it as well) via Russel King (the
    backlight/lcd patch is needed for our ARM-based handhelds framebuffer
    devices). Any comments/objections are welcome.

    The LCD and backlight device classes were implemented with the following in

    a) Allow user-mode code to control backlight and lcd (notably for
    handhelds this is a must). This is done via sysfs (/sys/class/backlight/XXX/
    and /sys/class/lcd/XXX/ where XXX is something like mq1100fb0).

    b) Allow framebuffer devices to find and contact the respective backlight and
    lcd devices (they are using the same name as the framebuffer device). This is
    needed to implement the respective calls to backlight and lcd devices for
    power management.

    P.S. I've posted a similar message on linux-fbdev mailing listt; forgive me if
    you seen it twice.
    [unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]
     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:0.212 seconds]