    SubjectRe: keyboard problem with 2.6.6
    On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 10:16:16PM +0200, Chris Osicki wrote:

    > I recently moved to kernel 2.6.6 from 2.4.26 and noticed that four keys
    > on my keyboard stopped working.
    > The kernel reports:
    >
    > keyboard: unrecognized scancode (XX) - ignored
    >
    > Where XX is 71, 72, 74, 75.

    Hmm. This message seems to be from arch/arm26/lib/kbd.c
    Is this message from 2.6.6? Is this an ARM?

    > My setup is quite unusual as I'm using Sun type 5 keyboard on my
    > PC with a self-made adapter. However, this setup has worked for at
    > least six years with different kernel versions.
    > The four keys which don't work anymore are from the function-key-set
    > on the left hand side of the keyboard, if you know what a Sun
    > keyboard looks like.
    >
    > I tried to solve my problem using setkeycodes and tried:
    >
    > setkeycodes 71 101
    >
    > as 101 was unused keycode (according to getkeycodes)
    >
    > getkeycodes reported after that:
    >
    > # getkeycodes | grep 0x70
    > 0x70: 93 101 0 89 0 0 85 91

    Your report is a bit messy. You change things for scancode 0x71 and then
    expect the keycode for 0x70 to be changed?

    > But showkeys -s shows 0x5b when the key in question is pressed
    > (and no release event!!??)

    Given a careful and precise report, no doubt it will be clear
    what your situation is. Mention architecture, scancodes under 2.4,
    scancodes under 2.6.

    Andries

    [The situation with arch/arm26/lib/kbd.c is funny.
    That is the old keyboard code that was removed from
    the general kernel code. No doubt it should be updated.]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.025 / U:0.164 seconds]